My final photo from Guatemala, the sun rising over Antigua’s Volcano de Fuentes, serene after her night time fierce, fiery eruptions. I have come full circle, ending my time in this country where I began, here in this charming colonial city with its cobbled streets and splendid churches.
The last two days (Fri and Sat) have been gentle " admin" days, wandering the now familiar city sights, visiting the markets, sorting out my stuff (I paid for laundry, it is so cheap it seemed rude not to!) , phoning family, catching up with emails, reading and relaxing.
Antigua is has a timeless presence, a unique city with grace and beauty. It is unlike anywhere else here but then nowhere in Guatemala is like anywhere else.
This is a fascinating country, vast empty spaces ranging from wild mountains, rainforests, Caribbean coast, diverse rural landscapes, acre after acre of ranching land; melon fields; coffee plantations; myriad crops and cottage vegetable gardens spilling down hillsides, plus phenomenons such as the glorious Semuc Champney pools, never to be forgotten.
I have loved Guatemala, it's undiscovered treasures, the friendly people, their generous spirit and kind hearts. Thanks folks for sharing your wonderful country with me.
Tomorrow I leave for Nicaragua so goodbye Guatemala, maybe one day I will return, it will truly be my pleasure. Until then, adiós, for now it is time for me to head onwards to Nicaragua
The last two days (Fri and Sat) have been gentle " admin" days, wandering the now familiar city sights, visiting the markets, sorting out my stuff (I paid for laundry, it is so cheap it seemed rude not to!) , phoning family, catching up with emails, reading and relaxing.
Antigua is has a timeless presence, a unique city with grace and beauty. It is unlike anywhere else here but then nowhere in Guatemala is like anywhere else.
This is a fascinating country, vast empty spaces ranging from wild mountains, rainforests, Caribbean coast, diverse rural landscapes, acre after acre of ranching land; melon fields; coffee plantations; myriad crops and cottage vegetable gardens spilling down hillsides, plus phenomenons such as the glorious Semuc Champney pools, never to be forgotten.
I have loved Guatemala, it's undiscovered treasures, the friendly people, their generous spirit and kind hearts. Thanks folks for sharing your wonderful country with me.
Tomorrow I leave for Nicaragua so goodbye Guatemala, maybe one day I will return, it will truly be my pleasure. Until then, adiós, for now it is time for me to head onwards to Nicaragua
No comments:
Post a Comment