A quiet day in theory, in practice not quite so calm.
A gentle stroll to catch the local ferry to San Miguel and a plan to walk along the waterfront went slightly awry when the waterfront path gave way to jungle and footpaths. Friendly locals happily gave directions when I passed them but people were few and far between and one footpath looks very like another to me! I guess they would feel the same about our motorways.
As the vegetation grew thicker and the sun grew hotter I began to panic. A situation not helped by loud howler monkeys growling from all sides.
I resorted to old fashioned methods and headed downhill, hoping to stumble across water. Eureka. Not only did I finally pop out on the most beautiful quiet cove but I found the secret 'beautiful beach' much talked about but rarely located by my fellow travellers.
If only I’d taken my costume. Still, a restorative paddle was a tonic, and I found my way back to the village ferry without mishap, despite the company of monkeys and one very large dog!
A sunset supper of tacos with guacamole, humus and beetroot, double helpings, worth one pound, I was starving after my hike.
So much for a quiet day.
A gentle stroll to catch the local ferry to San Miguel and a plan to walk along the waterfront went slightly awry when the waterfront path gave way to jungle and footpaths. Friendly locals happily gave directions when I passed them but people were few and far between and one footpath looks very like another to me! I guess they would feel the same about our motorways.
As the vegetation grew thicker and the sun grew hotter I began to panic. A situation not helped by loud howler monkeys growling from all sides.
I resorted to old fashioned methods and headed downhill, hoping to stumble across water. Eureka. Not only did I finally pop out on the most beautiful quiet cove but I found the secret 'beautiful beach' much talked about but rarely located by my fellow travellers.
If only I’d taken my costume. Still, a restorative paddle was a tonic, and I found my way back to the village ferry without mishap, despite the company of monkeys and one very large dog!
A sunset supper of tacos with guacamole, humus and beetroot, double helpings, worth one pound, I was starving after my hike.
So much for a quiet day.
No comments:
Post a Comment