Monday, February 22, 2016

Nicaragua: Leon.

Sunday. Guatemala to Nicaragua

A day which disappeared in a haze of waiting. A taxi at dawn to Guatemala city, a long wait for plane 1 due to having to travel before Catholic procession closed roads, it being Sunday), a run through el Salvador to just make plane 2 where my gringo status on the tiny local prop ' plane' seemed to result in my being given the captain's meal! Everyone else got a bag of crisps. I got cheese ravioli, and honey cake. I suspect I paid much more than the locals.

Finally arrived in Nicaragua on time where my extortionate taxi to Leon awaited. I sacrificed the ensuite for the taxi, expenses wise, but worth it. 90 mins later I was in lazybones hostel, swimming in the night sky. The heat is incredible!! After Antigua, this is at least 10 degrees hotter. My room felt like a sauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment