So ...I am now in Flores. Just.
Varied modes of transport, none of them good.
Today went as follows:
7 am : climb atop open top pick up, plant feet hard and grab roll bars, hang on tightly for hellish 40 minute climb back to Lanquin.
8 am : board very ancient chartered chicken bus for 10 hour crawl at snails pace to the north and Flores.
Two rest stops...MacDonald's two hours in (ice cream for me!) in relatively civilised Coban, and then a shack somewhere in the middle of nowhere, as there wasn't another town for 6 hours. Chocolate was needed at that point!
We wove our way through village after village, with resulting ' speed bumps' to add to our painstakingly slow progress.
6 pm: leave ancient bus and pack into cramped minibus for final leg. Luggage and I got separated somewhere but miraculously are reunited in Flores.
8 pm: find hostel and decline sunset tour of Tikkal tomorrow on grounds that I cannot move.
Omg I am feeling my age this evening....
Varied modes of transport, none of them good.
Today went as follows:
7 am : climb atop open top pick up, plant feet hard and grab roll bars, hang on tightly for hellish 40 minute climb back to Lanquin.
8 am : board very ancient chartered chicken bus for 10 hour crawl at snails pace to the north and Flores.
Two rest stops...MacDonald's two hours in (ice cream for me!) in relatively civilised Coban, and then a shack somewhere in the middle of nowhere, as there wasn't another town for 6 hours. Chocolate was needed at that point!
We wove our way through village after village, with resulting ' speed bumps' to add to our painstakingly slow progress.
| Rural Guatemala |
8 pm: find hostel and decline sunset tour of Tikkal tomorrow on grounds that I cannot move.
Omg I am feeling my age this evening....
| Transport to Flores! |
No comments:
Post a Comment