Friday, March 18, 2016

Cahuita March 17

A small town at the entrance to another national park. I rose at dawn through habit and so headed in while it was cool and quiet. Different animals as well as the same: yes, monkeys, sloths, sea birds but here also squirrels, blue crabs, bizarre insects and massive spiders.
That was nearly the end of the national park then
Blue crabs

Hard to see crabs

This afternoon for the first time I swam in the surf of the Caribbean, as here there are sections of the beach where natural pools form which are safe, away from the dangerous riptides. The sea is warm so I m hoping the 'bath' will ease my aching bones from the boat journey
Unidentified squirrel
As night falls I can hear howler monkeys very close, branches are falling around me. The wifi here works only in one spot which is leaving me exposed outside, so I am heading for the relative safety of my room before either the debris gets me or the mosquitoes do!

No comments:

Post a Comment