Monday, March 21, 2016

Cahuita. Monday blues.

Still very shaken, very sad and very angry. Tempted to go home! Objectively I know this will be a mistake. One negative experience must not sour a brilliant adventure..

Costa Rica is gorgeous country. Walking this morning through the park I saw my first racoons, bigger than I expected, with their white rimmed eyes. Plus agoutis, iguanas, the poisonous green dart frog, and my friend the local sloth.
Agouti

Iguana

Tanagers.. Common but so beautiful


Poisonous green dart frog

With hindsight my habit of hiking alone off the beaten track may have made yesterday's robbing an ' accident' waiting to happen. I inherently trust people are good but inevitably some are not. I was going to cross their path eventually. I was very, very lucky.

So, despite having the ' blues' I am concentrating on the positive, watching the vivid red birds fluttering through the palms by my cabin, the squirrel munching his lunch on my step, the monkeys high in the sky above me. Unique, phenomenal wildlife, spectacular scenery and fabulous people. I will not let one moment rob me of these precious memories.

Tomorrow I head to Panama, my final destination before home.
Easter is approaching and I am looking forward to celebrating Semanta Santa, the Catholic festival.

'Keep calm and carry on' is my motto for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment