Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Laguna del Apoya

This crater lake which looked so blue and inviting from above the volcano yesterday proved to be just as blissfully cool as promised. Having run around town this morning to find the shuttle there I arrived hot, dusty and mildly fed up with Nicaragua’s ceaseless heat, but a swim in the aquamarine waves was restorative magic.

From 10 until 4 I escaped the city and lay by the rocky shore in the fresh breeze, alternately floating in the swell, reading my book and drinking fresh fruit smoothies. Each shuttle deposits folk in separate hotels and mine turned out to be ideal, very laid back, hot showers, free water, coffee, comfy shady seats. An oasis retreat for a day.


Laguna del Apoya

I am now in a different room in this hostel as everywhere is fully booked. My new pad, so I discovered when I returned, is palatial. I have three beds! And, excitingly, a ceiling fan, which will make the extra 10 dollars well worth it.

I had a tiny wee room beforehand so I am now enjoying the simple pleasure of wandering around this luxurious space. I have two more nights in Granada so had decided to stay on here and switch rooms, but I had no idea the large room was quite so large. Interesting to ponder how long it will take me to get used to having a whole house again when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment